Tag Archives: Whats a photo worth
Why should you hire a photographer for your listing?
Anyone can grab a camera and shoot a space, but can you SELL IT with those images? Adding a quality photograph to a listing can translate to a big price bump and more traffic. A recent article in the Wall Street Journal highlights a few key statistics that all realtors should be aware of and why photos are important for every sale. Check it out!
- 20.6% Rise in the time it takes to sell the property when a listing contains at least one photo.
- 3.5% Increase in sale price when an online listing contains one or more photos.
- 3.9% Increase in sale price when a listing with only one photo shows an interior view.
- 1.9% Increase in sale price when a listing with only one photo shows an exterior view
- $150 to $200 Estimated increase to the sale price per additional photo.
On your next listing I challenge you to use a professional photographer, such as myself. I think you will like the results.
Source: ‘On the Relationship Between Property Price, Time-on-Market, and Photo Depictions in a Multiple Listing Service,’ 2011, co-authored by Ken H. Johnson, an associate professor of finance at Florida International University’s Hollo School of Real Estate